Save as issue

If you have specific questions regarding the Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to get answers from your fellow users of Quartam Reports - Professional Edition for LiveCode.
JosepM

Save as issue

Post by JosepM » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:22 pm

Hi,

I need help so I have a big problem that maybe someone can help me.

From the report preview the reports are fine and print ok, but if you export to Excel XML, CSV all the accents are wrong and are show wrong.

I have my data UTF8, so from the report I use

unidecode(uniencode(XXXXX_field_name,"UTF8")) ---> this show ok but export is wrong
unidecode(uniencode(XXXXX_field_name,"UTF8"),"UTF8") ---> this show wrong but export is OK

How can I show the data correct and the export correct?

Salut,
Josep M

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Re: Save as issue

Post by JanSchenkel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi Josep,

My apologies for the extremely late reply - a deluge of deadlines at the day-job kept me so busy that I neglected the forum.
And your direct email was stuck dangling in cyberspace thanks to a nifty new anti-spam feature that I didn't ask for and wasn't aware of because it ate their own announcement email...
Enough complaining, back to the problem at hand.

It is abundantly clear that the text export routines need a bit of love ; and that back when I wrote them, I didn't take encoding issues into account.
The Excel XML export fix is straightforward: with one tweak I added the proper UTF-8 encoding (compatible with LC 7 as well as older versions.
The Excel CSV export is another matter, I'm afraid: Microsoft messed that file format up rather badly and I haven't found the right incantation yet.

While I was at it, I also fixed an issue caused by a behavioural change in html text handling in more recent LC versions, which messed up the end of the text of label report items.
If you want, I can send you a beta version with what I have so far, while I continue to flog the dead CSV horse.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi Jan,

Thanks for answer, don't worry. The question is fix step by step the issues.

Yes, please. Send me asap the beta to test.

Salut,
Josep M

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Post by JanSchenkel » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi Josep,

I think I have cracked the problem with CSV files as well - at least it works on my MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra in both LiveCode 4.6.4 and 7.1.4
The new beta of Quartam Reports 1.1.7 has been sent to your private email address.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:04 pm

Great! :)