Save as dialog...

If you have specific questions regarding the Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to get answers from your fellow users of Quartam Reports - Professional Edition for LiveCode.
JosepM

Save as dialog...

Post by JosepM » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi Jan,

Exist any way of fill the name of the report before to show it so when the user "Save as PDF" from the local printer dialog appear other name that the report title?

Salut,
Josep

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Re: Save as dialog...

Post by JanSchenkel » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi Josep,

I'm afraid there's no parameter that you can set for that now. But I might be able to squeeze something in for the next functional update. Is this something that should be a fixed name that you can set in the report info dialog box, or dynamic on the basis of an expression, or based on a parameter to the qrtReports_Print commands?

Cheers,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi Jan,

Better based on a parameter like the <global variables>. I'm creating invoices for example, and I need to assign the invoiceNumber to the report, so when the user save it as PDF the name by default will be Invoce_XXX.PDF
Also if is posible, set parameters for the Author and Description fields that appear when save as PDF.

:) The next version is near?

Salut,
Josep

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Post by JanSchenkel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi Josep,

I already had some API changes in my head, but was originally going to defer those to version 2.0 - but I might as well bump some of them up to version 1.2 (in a backwards-compatible way, of course). It is too early to commit to a release date, I'm afraid - the day job takes precedence...

Jan Schenkel.

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi Jan,

Any news about the 2.0, I really need some of these features...

Salut,
Josep

ps. or beta to try... :)

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Post by JanSchenkel » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Josep,

As it is the day-job that pays the bills, I have to give that precedence. And that's why I prefer not to communicate release dates until I have a feature-complete and fairly stable build.
The only thing I'm willing to say at this point, is that there will be a version 1.2 in the first half of this year. I've decided on the feature list and started implementing the changes. It will contain a number of welcome enhancements, including better handling of images, a revamped preview window, and the ability to save as PDF/XPS/PS (dependent on the platform and the version of Revolution/LiveCode used at runtime).

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

JosepM

Post by JosepM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:54 pm

Fantastic!

Thanks for answer.

Salut,
Josep M