How correcty Print a table field?

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Posted by Eric Debrosse on July 8, 2008 at 8:01pm

Hi,

How correcty print table field. Actualy when i print my report, the text of the table field is not align, and i have not putting into a grid...

In attach files you can see what i need to print and what i print... I send two pictures it is more easy to explain. Image 1 is than i want to print, Image 2 is that i print

Thank you for yours helps

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 8, 2008 at 9:23pm

Hmm, table printing is a tricky topic, which I had planned to tackle in the next functional revision of Quartam Reports. Right now, the only way that you can mimic a table field is by carefully laying out lines to give you the appearance you need.

If your table has a fixed number of lines, it should be pretty easy to do - and you could even use a set of rectangles. But if the number of lines is variable, it's going to require some puzzling with lines, and splitting your table data into a single 'detail record' per line.

Give it a try and drop me a note if you can't figure it out.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on July 9, 2008 at 12:23pm

Ah... I will be tring, no easy for me but never impossible! On the other hand, when print a field, is it possible to keep layout ( bold text, tab, italique...)?

Regards

Eric
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====