Problem With Database query Builder

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Posted by Eric Debrosse on February 14, 2010 at 9:47pm

Hi,

I have a big problem with the "Database Query Builder of Revolution", i can make only one Query . When i click on buton + nothing do.

That is very boring because i can't really use Quartam Report.

Is it possible to use Queries and Quartam Report without use "Database Query Builder of Revolution".

Thank you for yours helps

Eric D.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on February 19, 2010 at 7:28pm

Hi Eric,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with Rev's Database Query Builder. Of course, this is not the only way to make reports on data stored in a database - it's just a convenient visual method. You can always connect directly to the database, run your own queries, and then print a report using the result set of the query.
Your print button could look something like this:
##
on mouseUp
global gConnectionId --> assuming you've stored the return value of revOpenDatatabase() in there
local tCursorId
put revQueryDatabase(gConnectionId, "SELECT * FROM Customer") into tCursorId
if tCursorId is not an integer then
answer error tCursorId
exit mouseUp
end if
-- now proceed to print the report
local tLayoutPath, tPreviewFlag
put "the.path.to.the.layout.qrl" into tLayoutPath
put true into tPreviewFlag
qrtReports_PrintReportForCursor tLayoutPath, tCursorId, tPreviewFlag
end mouseUp
##

If you have additional questions or remarks, don't hesitate to post them here.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on February 24, 2010 at 1:50pm

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer. My problem with the Database Query Builder is OK now. I delete all groups "Querie 1" in my stack and that ' OK, i can use again the Database Query Builder.

In first time to work around i create a substack to use the Database Query Builder. and with your answer if i have again a problem i will know how to do.

Other question: How do i do to upgrade my Quartam report edition to professional.

Regards

Eric Debrosse

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on February 24, 2010 at 10:54pm

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear things are working out with the Database Query Builder. Feel free to ask questions - I do have quite a bit of inside knowledge of that area.

As for upgrading to the Professional edition, you can do that through the Quartam online store:
http://store6.esellerate.net/store/cata ... 3285294159&...
In the category 'Upgrades' you'll find the item Quartam Reports - upgrade Standard to Professional.

Cheers,

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on February 25, 2010 at 7:08pm

Hi Jan,

I'm coming soon to upgrade my Report Edition License. I need it to print Datagrid report, i read in this forum a answer to do that.

I don't have happiness to see your webniar about Quartam. Have you a link to see it.

I bought the RunRevLive 09, i have not received maybe this Webinar in on.

Regards

Eric

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on February 26, 2010 at 6:37pm

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, there was a problem with the recording of the webinar - the audio was ok, but there were issues with the video part. Bill Mariott was going to send it off to the media gurus at RunRev HQ, but it seems this never arrived or not in a state they could resurrect.

A new recording is planned, but due to the holidays and a deluge of deadlines, this has not come to fruition yet.

My apologies for the inconvenience,

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on February 27, 2010 at 10:01am

hi Jan,

Thank for your answer.

I hope this inconvenience wil be resolved quickly.

Warms regards

Eric
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====