Unable to make standalone

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Posted by Charles61 on June 18, 2008 at 8:00pm

I included the Rev XML library in the standalone application setting, qrtReportsLib as a stack file along with myQuartamReport (for my app) and qrtReportsLib file as stack files in the Standard Application Settings.

I also put the script "start using stack qrtReportsLib" in my openStack script.

Despite doing all of the above, I was unable to create a standalone for Windows. Uploaded is screenshot of the dialog box with error messages.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 18, 2008 at 10:59pm

Hi Charles,

Are you building both for Mac and Windows at the same time? Or just Windows?
Do you have a real PC you can test this on, or something like Parallels Desktop or VMWare Fusion with a Windows installation?
Error 91 would indicate that it cannot find a stack. But as the script of the standalone builder is inside a password-protected stack, so I can't pinpoint the problem.

I'd send it to RunRev support or file a bug report in their Quality Center.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Charles61 on June 19, 2008 at 12:43am

I was building only for Windows. I did not get to the point that I could test the Windows app since it would not create a standalone. The error is coming from your QRreports library stack which is password protected. None of my files are password protected.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 19, 2008 at 7:23am

Hi Charles,

I took my copy of your stack and tried building a standalone, and ended up with the same error. Then I removed all references to the qrtReportsLib stack and still had the same error when building a standalone.
The error is not happening in the library, but in Revolution's standalone builder.

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Charles61 on June 19, 2008 at 4:17pm

Thanks Jan for this information. I really like Quartam Report! It truly adds a professional touch to app! But now I guess I will have to wait until this problem in Rev 2.9 is resolved.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 19, 2008 at 8:12pm

Make sure to file a bug report and contact the Mothership, as otherwise they won't be able to fix it...

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Charles61 on June 19, 2008 at 8:17pm

I have file a bug report. I was unable to make a simple one button standalone for the Mac. I reinstalled Rev. 2.9 and was still unable to make a simple standalone.
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====