[Request]How to make reports customized by customers

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:16 pm

Posted by MERIEL on December 23, 2008 at 9:57am

I create reports. Often, customers ask for a 'custom report'. Can we have some capability with a small editor, to arrange variable fields, add labels and graphics. Unused fields could be put on scrop area. Could be a good evolution for Quartam reports ? Thanks

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on December 23, 2008 at 10:22pm

Hi Meriel,

This feature has been on my to do-list from the start: an embeddable report editor where you as eveloper can control just hopw much the user can customize the report layout. Unfortunately, the current layout editor does not lend itself easily to 'embedding' in another piece of software.
As I'm researching the development of Quartam Reports 2.0, I've been experimenting with a whole range of features that have been added to Revolution since the original Revolution 2.0 on which I started to build Quartam Reports. This new layout builder is being rebuilt from the ground up, designed for embedding.
Alas, Rome wasn't built in a day, and it will take me quite some time to finish, as I have a number of other projects to finish before I can concentrate on the development of Quartam Reports 2.0 - so however much I wish I could say when it will be available, it is too soon to commit to a date.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====