[Request]Make Default Path That Of Stack Calling Report

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:13 pm

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 28, 2008 at 1:40am

I almost always will want to put my report and support files at the same level (or in a subfolder) of the stack that is going to execute the report. However, QR uses the path to RR as the default path to the report. I don't know how many people will put their reports in the RR folder, but it would be nice to have the default be at the stack level, or have it as an option.

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 28, 2008 at 10:37pm

This is difficult to make an option that works everywhere for everyone - though a get/set pair 'qrtReports_GetReportsPath' / 'qrtReports_SetReportsPath' sounds like a good idea for the future. In the meantime, use a function like this:
##
function MyReportPath pRelativePath
put the effective filename of this stack into tAbsolutePath
set the itemDelimiter to "/"
put pRelativePath into the last item of tAbsolutePath
return tAbsolutePath
end MyReportPath
##
to derive the absolute path of your report file from a path relative to the hard drive location of your stack.

An even better option would be the ability to directly embed reports into stacks, but that's a bit further off into the future.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 29, 2008 at 3:09pm

Your suggestion is pretty much what I did as a workaround, so thanks.
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====