Printing from tab delimited list

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
MartyK

Printing from tab delimited list

Post by MartyK » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:53 am

I'm just getting started with Quartam Reports Standard. I usually store my data as a tab-delimited list (one record per line) in a custom property of the stack. Are there any example scripts to get me started making reports with this storage method?

Thanks,
Marty K

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Re: Printing from tab delimited list

Post by JanSchenkel » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:48 am

Hi Marty,

I'm afraid this is one of the scenarios not supported in the Standard edition: your data source has to be a stack (1 card = 1 detail block), a database cursor (1 record = 1 detail block), or an automated query (deprecated by RunRev since version 4.5). With the Professional edition, however, you can script your own data source and convert your internal structure into blocks of data for the reporting engine.

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

MartyK

Post by MartyK » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks Jan. I guess I could dump my data into a temporary/invisible stack and go from there. I'll give that a try and see how it goes.

Marty

tazmanty

Post by tazmanty » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:09 am

Is the ability to print from a tab delimitated list or and array still only available with the profession version. I asked, because the last response was several years aog.
Thank you,
Ty