[bug]? [request]? Print Preview doesn't resemble real page

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 25, 2008 at 11:58pm

It is nearly impossible to use the print preview to determine what a printed page is going to look like, especially when playing with the page sizes and the margins. I'm not sure how the other IDE/Reporting tools do it, but they seem to be able to generate page previews that are a lot closer to the printed output.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 28, 2008 at 10:09pm

The Print preview box does its best to offer an on-screen preview - starting from the paper size that you enter in the layout file. However, what comes out of the printer is up to the choices the user makes in the page setup and print dialogs.
This is due to historic limitations in Revolution, which have only been alleviated recently in Revolution 2.9 - and I still have to support quite a few customers who are running Revolution 2.6 and 2.7, who for one reason or another cannot move up to Revolution 2.9 yet.
Do not despair, I do plan on making it a requirement for Quartam Reports 2.0 - incorporating the best features added in Revolution 2.9 and revising every bit of the layout builder and library. Naturally, the Print preview will also undergo serious changes at that point.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====