Critical issue with images inside a report

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
JosepM

Critical issue with images inside a report

Post by JosepM » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Jan,

I have very critical problem that I need solve asap.

I have a report with a image that each time is different, like a product datasheet that show the features and the product image.
Each time I call the report previously I copy the product image to the report folder with the image name that the report is waiting for.

So my "productXYZ.jpg" is copied to "product-image.jpg", the report found the image and all is fine.

But If I left open the preview and call other product report with other image, then the first preview get the second image report, so both reports have the same image. :(

Also I have the same problem if I put the report call into a repeat loop. But in debug mode don't happen.

How to solve this? Can I pass the image name like a parameter like other fields?

Thanks in advance,
Josep M

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Re: Critical issue with images inside a report

Post by JanSchenkel » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 am

Hi Josep,

Those are all logical consequences of the way images are handled in Quartam Reports now: you have to use a fixed path rather than an expression, and the LiveCode engine keeps track of which image controls have which filename so that it can cache the data. Revamped image handling is on the shortlist for version 1.2, which I've had to put on the backburner due to an avalanche of deadlines at the day-job (my last holiday was in April, and that was the week of RunRevLive"11 and the week before that to build my presentations and sample code).

I will get back to it as soon as possible, and keep you posted.

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

JosepM

Re: Critical issue with images inside a report

Post by JosepM » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:55 am

Hi Jan,

I know this kind of situations... but come back asap... Please... :(

And adding the sourcepath as parameter? then QR can handle the images, and in this way we can create a report with product images as a field of the detail, like appear the barcodes...

Make sense?

Salut,
Josep M