[Bug]Setting Text Alignment of Multiple Labels Deletes Label

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

[Bug]Setting Text Alignment of Multiple Labels Deletes Label

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 pm

[Bug]Setting Text Alignment of Multiple Labels Deletes Label Text

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 5:03pm

As the title says.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 15, 2008 at 6:13pm

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry to say this (knowing full-well how annoying this is to a fellow developer) but I can't simulate this problem. Do you have a reproducible step-by-step "starting from an empty layout" recipe for this problem?
Also, which platform are you running on? MacOSX or Windows?

Thanks in advance,

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 7:40pm

I'm on Windows, and I was able to make this happen twice, but I'm going to have to tinker to see if I can reproduce it AGAIN, because now I'm having another problem that I'm going to file in a moment, that is preventing me from selecting all the items in the title band.

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 7:49pm

Hmm. Now I can't make it happen after being able to reliably reproduce this. I'll keep playing and let you know when I get it to happen again.

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 8:07pm

I got it now. In the Detail section, see the line of fields at the top of the section? Drag from the right over the two rightmost fields (more on why in the next bug report I'm going to file). Uncheck the "Print a border around the text" checkbox and there you go - field is now empty.

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 8:12pm

FYI, I can make this happen with any property I try to change that is shared by these fields.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 15, 2008 at 10:44pm

Alright, I've been able to simulate this after a lot of retries. And it looks like this was a recent change in the Revolution engine regarding the 'caseSensitive' local property and the workings of getProp, causing some code to fail miserably.
It needs some more testing, but I think I have figured it out. I'll let you know when I have assembled a beta of version 1.1.2

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 10:56pm

Why would case sensitivity have any impact?

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 15, 2008 at 11:06pm

Case sensitivity plays a role when you're comparing the _content_ of the same property of two different objects. But the Revolution engine was recently changed (it seems) to also apply the 'caseSensitive' local property to the lookup of a key in a custom property.
So when the caseSensitive is false, 'get the uWhatever["propertyname"]' will give you back the right content, even if it is actually spelled "propertyName" in the custom property set. However, with the caseSensitive set to true, it will act as if it doesn't know that particular custom property.
When exactly they changed this behaviour, isn't exactly clear to me. I've patched my script to compensate for this change, so it should be fixed for version 1.1.2 - fingers crossed!

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 25, 2008 at 11:16pm

GAH! Changing the font size of multiple objects does the same thing.
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====