Info and Save disabled

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Info and Save disabled

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm

Info and Save disabled

Posted by Karen Hughes on May 17, 2008 at 5:44pm

Hi Jan,

Thanks very much for the changes to Quartam Reports 1.1 - they really are great.

I've had one problem with the new version - the Info and Save buttons are always disabled in the standalones that I'm generating and I wondered whether there was anything I should be doing to allow them to work?

Thanks,

Karen

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on May 18, 2008 at 12:50pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the compliments wrt Quartam Reports 1.1 - it took much longer than originally planned, but I think I've made up for it by adding more features than originally planned :-)

The 'Info' button not being enabled is a bug. The idea behind the button is that this displays an 'answer' dialog box with the contents of the 'Title' and 'Memo' fields that you can enter in the document properties. It's been flagged before but somehow dropped off my to do list. I'll tackle it in version 1.1.1 for sure.

The 'Save' button is limited to the Professional Edition, and lets your user export the text content of your report to text (tab-delimited), csv (colon-delimited), html (table) or Excel 2003 (SpreadsheetML). It was only decided very late that this feature was Pro only - the better option would have been to hide the button entirely. Will do for 1.1.1

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====