Wrong Registration Information

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Posted by Len Morgan on May 11, 2008 at 2:54pm

Jan,

I just downloaded QR 1.1 and noticed that when copying the license information from the email I received for version 1.0, the company name is STILL KTGTK, Inc. when it should be "KTTK, Inc."

It seems to work (at least the demo/tutorial stack) but when I try to read the PDF documentation, nothing happens.

For what it's worth, I've never actually been able to use a report in a stand-alone. I always get the "you aren't licensed to use Quartam Reports in a stand alone" message even though I'm sending the license information.

Any ideas? It would be handy to have an example of how to use QR in a stand alone (i.e., how to send the license information). Perhaps the PDF documentation has this but as I said, I can't load it (or even FIND it for that matter).

Hope you had a good time in Vegas!

Len Morgan
KTTK, Inc.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on May 14, 2008 at 8:10pm

Hi Len,

Did you use the original email? Or the corrected email that I sent to you on Nov 13, 2007? The second one has "KTTK, Inc." as the company name. Contact me directly if you want me to resend it.

The PDF documentation is available in the Help directory where you installed Quartam Reports 1.1 - it ought to open when you select the item 'Layout Builder Help' from the 'Help' menu.

The PDF doc has a chapter devoted to how you use Quartam Reports in your Revolution projects.

The easiest way to ensure that your copy of the qrtReportsLib.rev stack is loaded only once, and correctly initialized with your license key, is to put the following snippet into the script of the first card of your project mainstack.

##
on preOpenStack
if "qrtReportsLib" is not among the lines of the stacksInUse then
start using stack "qrtReportsLib"
qrtReports_InitLicense ""
end if
end preOpenStack
##

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====