[Feature Request]Layering

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:56 pm

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 3:58pm

I don't always lay everything out the way I want it the first time, especially when there might be some overlap between objects, so it would be nice to be able to move objects forward or back without having to cut/paste/move

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 15, 2008 at 9:11pm

Layering is important and slated for version 2.0, as this is complicated by the relative positioning scheme: you could have mixed settings that would imply relayering items after creating them, whereby some items are on page 1 and continue onto page 2 while other items do not appear on page 1 but only on page 2.

It's a bit of a puzzle, that I'm postponing for a bit - the layout builder needs to be updated for this in the first place, obviously. And I'd prefer not to modify the current layout builder too drastically, as it is getting rebuilt for the next structural release anyway.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====