Print Preview Window

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
jharris

Print Preview Window

Post by jharris » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:27 am

I am new to Quartam Reports and LiveCode, so it may be me. The problem I am having is when the print preview opens, the report only fills a portion of the window. If I resize the preview window the report resizes and fills the window as it should. I am developing on Windows 7 64-bit. Has anyone else had issues with this or know of a quick fix?

Thanks,
JHarris

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Re: Print Preview Window

Post by JanSchenkel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome to the Quartam Community!

Is this happening inside the LiveCode IDE or in a standalone? And if you preview any of the examples inside the LayoutBuilder application?

I'm sure we'll get it sorted out,

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com

jharris

Post by jharris » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the help. The example reports work just fine, so it is probably something I am doing. Like I said I am new to LiveCode and it is a different world compared to .Net.

This is the code I am using to load the report.

Code: Select all

put OpenConnection() into sConnectionID
     put revQueryDatabase(sConnectionID, tsql) into sCursorID
     put revdb_recordcount(sCursorID) into sRecordCount

put true into tPreviewFlag
     qrtReports_SetPreviewWindowStyle "palette"
     qrtReports_PrintReportForCursor tLayoutFile, sCursorID, tPreviewFlag, "all"
     revCloseDatabase(sConnectionID)
I am using NativeGeometry in the project also. Do you think is could be causing the problem? Unfortunately I have a day job so it will be tonight
before I can test without NativeGeometry.

Thanks again for the help Jan. I will post here after I test without NativeGeometry. I would also like to say I love Quartam Reports. It is very close
to the report writers I use in .Net. I fought with RealBasic for about a year and decided to move to LiveCode. If LiveCode works out on Windows OS
for me I will be upgrading to the Professional Edition.

JHarris

jharris

Post by jharris » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:12 pm

Well big snow storm hit, so I didn't have to go to work today. It looks like NativeGeometry is causing the problem. I stopped it from loading and it works as it should. Thanks for the help Jan.

JHarris

JanSchenkel
Site Admin

Post by JanSchenkel » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:29 pm

Glad to hear it is working after all - and to your satisfaction :-)
The 'resizeStack' message is probably locked or not passed by NativeGeometry, but as you described, it does kick in after you resize the window.

Quartam Reports was heavily inspired by the FoxPro Report Builder, which we used at the day-job back when I started developing QR as part of an R&D effort to see if LiveCode (called Revolution back then) was a viable alternative for cross-platform development of our finance/erp/crm application. The results were positive, but unfortunately, the porting project was canceled due to financial constraints. Luckily, I could arrange things so that I could continue to develop and eventually release it.

Anyway, with your background QR should be pretty familiar to use, indeed.
If you have additional questions or remarks, do not hesitate to post!

Jan Schenkel.
Quartam Developer Tools for LiveCode
http://www.quartam.com