Data reformatted unbidden

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:54 pm

Posted by John Krische on April 16, 2010 at 9:46am

Ok, now an actual problem related to my last post...

Using: rev 3.5 and QtmRpt Standard 1.1.4

I have a report generated from a query returning entries of a basic eventlog table. Part of the query result is a calculated value of the interval between entries, expressed in hh:mm format. The query itself is running out of Rev's query builder.

When I display the results in a table field on the stack, the interval value is correctly formatted (the formatting is done in SQL). When I run the query in an SQLite gui, it is again correct.

However, when displayed on a QtmReport layout, using "format as text" for the field, QtmRpt is adding an AM/PM on the end of the interval, which should not be there of course, and wasn't asked to be by either the query nor by my formatting choice on the field's options inspector.

Did I stumble into a bug, or a "feature", and if the latter, what can I do to prevent that AM/PM from getting added?

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on April 18, 2010 at 3:08pm

That's odd - when you specify 'Text' as formatting option, Quartam Reports will simply output what it got from Rev. Can you make a minimal example to reproduce the problem and send it to support@quartam.com ?

TIA,

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by John Krische on April 19, 2010 at 10:50pm

Hi Jan...

Thanks for your replies to this and my other post.

I figured out what is going on. It seems that I have to click "elsewhere" or hit tab or some other "exit field" action in order for the change of data formatting type to be recognized and then saved.

For example: If I have a field formatted "output as time" in QTMRep, and change that to Text in the pull-down, and hit save, the change DOES NOT save. But, if after changing the type I then hit tab or click on any thing else in the layout that is clickable, including the white background but not the grey area beneath the report, then the change is recognized and the save works as expected. If I were to put it into Rev-speak, I'd say it's looking for an on closeField or on exitField or some such command before the change of formatting type is actually writable to the saved file.

Hope that makes sense...

When I started doing this change-(do something else)-save paradigm conciously, it worked every time, but if I ever reverted to my unconcious habit of change-save without an intervening step between them, the change would not save and I'd get frustrated, slap ye olde forhead and then re-do the save.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on April 21, 2010 at 7:49pm

Hi John,

Thanks for spotting this - again a deficiency that's been in the code since the start.
I'll fix it in the next release.

Cheers,

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====