Error in my stack ;:couldn't find "myreport"

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Posted by Eric Debrosse on June 24, 2008 at 1:35pm

hello,

I am a quartam and revolution beginner, i start a first stack in few week which several background, a table field connected to SQLite, manu cards in every background...and i create a first quartam report call "BlocNote.qtl" but i have a folwing error : "couldn't find "blocNote.qrt".
I try to put this report in same folder of my stack, and after in floder application quartam... but always the same error.

Thank for your help

Eric

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 24, 2008 at 5:45pm

Hi Eric,

When Revolution starts looking for files, it tries to find them in a few places - but unless your stack and report layout reside in the defaultFolder, it may not be able to locate said files.

That's why I recommend scripting and using a function 'AbsolutePath' to find a file relative from the physical location of the stack file. See also the article in the RevUp Newsletter #50:
http://www.runrev.com/newsletter/june/i ... etter3.php

##
on mouseUp
put AbsolutePath("MyLayout.qrl") into tLayoutFile
put the short name of this stack into tStackName
put true into tPreviewFlag
qrtReports_PrintReportForStack tLayoutFile, tStackName, tPreviewFlag
end mouseUp

function AbsolutePath pRelativePath
put the effective filename of this stack into tAbsolutePath
set the itemDelimiter to "/"
put pRelativePath into item -1 of tAbsolutePath
return tAbsolutePath
end AbsolutePath
##

If you decide to put your reports in a subdirectory "reports" of the directory containing your stack file, you can always insert "reports/" in the right spot.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on June 24, 2008 at 8:23pm

hello Jan,

Thank you ... It is ok i can print my report, Super (great soft) , i have an other request : my stack is created with several background and i want print cards from a speci definited background... I read in revolution newsletter that was possible to print a card with the layer of this one but how is it possible for all cards of background.

Regards

Eric Debrosse

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on June 24, 2008 at 9:13pm

Hi Jan

I write this script to print all cards of bg and this work, have a better one to do this

Regards,

Erid Debrosse

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on June 24, 2008 at 9:14pm

the script is :
on mouseUp
-- préparation de variables d'impression
local tLayoutFile, tStackName, tShowPreview, tcardRange

put AbsolutePath("blocNote.qrl") into tLayoutFile
put the short name of this stack into tStackName
put allRangeLayerCardsOfBG() into tcardRange
put true into tShowPreview

qrtReports_PrintReportForStack tLAyoutFile, tStackNAme, tShowPreview, tcardRange

end mouseUp

function AbsolutePath pRelativePath
local tAbsolutePath
put the effective filename of this stack into tAbsolutePath
set the itemdelimiter to "/"
put pRelativePath into item -1 of tAbsolutePath
return tAbsolutePath
end AbsolutePath

function allRangeLayerCardsOfBG
local tfirstlayer, tlastLayer, tallRangeLayer
put the layer of first card of bg "fondBlocNote" into tfirstlayer
put the layer of last card of bg "fondBlocNote" into tlastLayer
put tfirstlayer&"-"& tlastLayer into tallRangeLayer
return tallRangeLayer

end allRangeLayerCardsOfBG

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 24, 2008 at 11:02pm

Hi Eric,

That looks like a reasonable way of printing all the cards of a background. You can also 'mark' the cards of that background and then use "marked" as your card range.
So you would first unmark all cards in your stack and then mark only those cards which are part of the background, and then use "marked" as fourth parameter of the 'qrtReports_PrintReportForStack' command.

##
unmark all cards
mark cards where there is a group "fondBlocNote"
put "marked" into tCardRange
qrtReports_PrintReportForStack tLayoutFile, tStackName, tShowPreview, tCardRange
##

This approach has as advantage that cards that end up in the middle of another background, don't inadvertently get included in the printout.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on June 26, 2008 at 7:27pm

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your help. It is a better way of course...in few days i will try to create a database report, hard time will come...

I like very much your soft, it is so easy to print with it

Regards

Eric

=====

Reply by YOKOTA Fumitaka on July 7, 2008 at 11:14am

Hi Eric and Jan

I'm a Japanese using Revolution Enterprise and Quartam Reports 1.1.1, and new to here.

This Discussion helped me very well, and I could have succeeded displaying Barcode-JAN and Unicode-Japanese on my report.
You can see them on my blog.

Thanks again.

YOKOTA Fumitaka

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 7, 2008 at 10:21pm

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments - unfortunately, I don't read Japanese ; but I ran your blog post through translate.google.com and it is good to read that you've been able to get professional-quality output from Revolution and Quartam Reports.

Have you been able to fix the problem at the top? If not, may I suggest that you use as expression 'the htmlText of field XYZ' and then choose Format the result as HTMLtext ? That should improve output with non-Western data.

Let me know if you need a hand.

Jan Schenkel.
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by YOKOTA Fumitaka on July 8, 2008 at 12:44pm

Hi Jan-san

First of all, please address me YOKOTA-san in Japanese way. I'll do this, Jan-san

As you suppose, I have a little trouble with my Unicode-Japanese field to display and print correctly.

I'm going to begin new discussion telling how my stack is treating Unicode-Japanese. if you have time to send for me, please give me your advice.

TIA

YOKOTA Fumitaka
www.tajimiyori.com

=====

Reply by Eric Debrosse on July 8, 2008 at 3:37pm

Hello Yokota, and Jan

Nice to read you, I am a French Revolution beginner and i do not help you for your request. But no problem for a good answer with Jan Schenkel.

New question for JAn,

How print putting in a grid of a table field? is it undersatnding?

Thank you

Eric DEBROSSE
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====