Problem with Rev 3.5.0 dp 2

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Posted by Till Bandi on December 30, 2008 at 10:38pm

..."does not implement the qrtReports_EndOfReport() callback function"

Did I do something wrong or is this the fault of dp 2?

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on December 31, 2008 at 6:48am

Hi Till,

This is the same bug that has bitten GLX2 users: the 3.5-dp-2 engine has a faulty implementation of the 'value' function, which is a cornerstone of the Quartam Reports engine. So I'm afriad you'll have to stick with Revolution 3.0 until they fix that problem.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Repors & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Till Bandi on December 31, 2008 at 9:40am

No problem - thanks.

=====

Reply by Karen Hughes on March 21, 2009 at 1:51am

Hi Jan,

I'm still seeing some funny results from Quartam Reports on dp 8 - is the 'value' bug still there?

Thanks,

Karen

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on March 22, 2009 at 6:25pm

Hi Karen,

The only 'odd' thing I'm seeing right now is that the geometry manager settings in the preview window aren't kicking in when it is displayed on screen. I've quickly run through all the report samples and they seemed to behave correctly.
What sort of 'funny' results are you seeing?

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Karen Hughes on March 22, 2009 at 7:52pm

Hi Jan,

I'm seeing the problems with the Geometry Manager, but I've had some funny results with a program that I've converted to use the new Data Grid control. It may well be something wrong elsewhere in my code, but the print preparation part is unchanged and yet gives an empty report, while the previous version of the program works OK (even under 3.5). I'll try pulling out just the reporting into a separate program and see what happens.

Thanks,

Karen

=====

Reply by Karen Hughes on March 22, 2009 at 11:04pm

Hi Jan,

I can confirm it was a bug in my code (blush). Is the Geometry Manager problem something that you are hoping will be fixed in another release of Revolution 3.5 - or will it need an update to Quartam Reports?

Thanks,

Karen
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====