Text files

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Text files

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Text files

Posted by Charles61 on June 14, 2008 at 7:22pm

When I export a QR document as a text file from the Print Preview in my app and then look at it later in a text editor, I find three label fields. Two label fields are directly under the header and one is between the third and four lines in the Detail Line. The label fields do not have names and are not visible when you look at the layout in QRBuilder. Despite moving both Header and the Detail Line up and down, I cannot find these three label fields! Has anyone run into this? I have uploaded the text file.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 16, 2008 at 8:41pm
Send Message
Delete
Hi Charles,

As the tools may be a bit oversensitive, it is possible that you've ended up with a label field of 1x1 pixel size. If you send the .qrl file to support@quartam.com I'll remove the superfluous fields.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Charles61 on June 16, 2008 at 9:33pm

Jan,

I uploaded the a zipped file containing the text file. I appreciative you wanting to remove these superflious fields! Is there anyway I can find these fields myself?

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 16, 2008 at 9:44pm

Hi Charles,

The .txt file does indicate that there are a few of those tiny label fileds laying around in your layout. Short of moving the visible items into a different layout band and then click-dragging around to find the critters, there's not much you can do.
I can open the file and extract the labels from the contents - that would save both of us the time to try and hunt down the little labels.

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Charles61 on June 16, 2008 at 9:51pm

Jan,

Maybe there should be an option to make all of the labels visible so that it would make it easy to find these label fields.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on June 16, 2008 at 10:34pm

Hi Charles,

As I'm moving forward with a complete rewrite of the Layout Builder, I would prefer not to make too many changes to the current version.
Perhaps a triangle popup-menu button like in the Rev IDE could make it into the current Layout Builder - I'll see what I can do.

Jan Schenkel
--
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====