[Bug]Following Sequence Of Moves Results In Object Switching

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

[Bug]Following Sequence Of Moves Results In Object Switching

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:57 pm

[Bug]Following Sequence Of Moves Results In Object Switching Bands

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 4:46pm

Since I apparently can't align elements in different bands, I was doing it manually. So I selected an element in the title band, checked the left position. Then I selected an object in the Details band, and use the arrow keys to move it. Then I selected an element in the title band again (further right), checked its left, then selected another object in the detail band and hit the arrow key to move it, EXCEPT when I did, this last element jumped from the detail band to the title band.

I thought that was kind of weird, so I tried it again, and lo and behold, this behavior repeated itself.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 16, 2008 at 7:21am
Send Message
Delete
Hmm, this one is proving quite elusive to reproduce. I managed to do it twice so far, but haven't pinned down the exact circumstances yet - I'll have another go this evening after work.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 16, 2008 at 4:35pm

Jan,
Note to self - just because an object appears to be in the correct band doesn't mean it is. Drag the bars around to resize the bands, and you may notice objects that have migrated bands but coordinates are negative as a result of this one. That was how I found the negative-coordinate bug after trying to chase this one down for you.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 17, 2008 at 7:06am

I think I'm starting to see a pattern - it seems to happen when you click to select the item in the other band and your click lands on where the resize handle of the item would be.
That seems to be fairly repeatable - now for the fix...

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====