[Bug-ish]Object With Negative Position In Wrong Band Cut/Pas

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

[Bug-ish]Object With Negative Position In Wrong Band Cut/Pas

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:56 pm

[Bug-ish]Object With Negative Position In Wrong Band Cut/Paste

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 16, 2008 at 7:31pm

Jan,
This is probably a combination of other bug reports, so if you fix them, this will probably stop happening, so I'm loathe to report it but...

I have a label (Dept.) on the report I previously sent you. That field is supposed to be in the Title area, but it wound up in the Detail area, and from there it apparently acquired a negative top value, so it shows up in the Title band. Anyway, to fix this problem I clicked on the label and cut it. However, when hitting "Paste" to get it into the gutter, it doesn't appear on the first try. On the SECOND try, two copies of the label are pasted ABOVE the gutter.

I've tried this several times, and I can reproduce it every time.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 17, 2008 at 7:00am

Thanks for the report - it is indeed a consequence of the negative position bug, so it ought to go away when I fix that - but I'm adding an extra safeguard just in case you have one of those items in a file that you re-open later on.

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====