Paper Size

Whether you're using the Standard or Professional Edition of Quartam Reports, this is the place to ask general questions about using this industry-level reporting tool for LiveCode.
NingImport

Paper Size

Post by NingImport » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Paper Size

Posted by Mike Kerner on July 11, 2008 at 11:21pm

Here in the Colonies, the States, or whatever y'all call us, paper sizes are different. The most common sizes are Letter (8-1/2 x 11), Legal (8-1/2x14), and 11x17 in that order.

I see that QR has the metric sizes defined but not the US sizes. Could we please get the US sizes put in?

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 13, 2008 at 8:16pm
Delete
Hi Mike,

The predefined sizes are a tad limited, but the 'Page setup' button should allow you to pick any size you like. Is this not working for you?

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 13, 2008 at 11:09pm

Jan,
I'm guessing that you multiply the paper size in mm by 2.83 to get whatever unit you're using? When I tried A4 and A3, 2.83 seemed to be the multiplier. So for Letter and Legal (8.5"x11" and 8.5"x14" I convert them to mm and then multiply by 2.83?)

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 3:23pm

Continuing this thought, if I did this the way I think you set it up, an 8.5"x11" sheet should be described as 612 x 790, right? What was with the 2.83 multiplier between mm and the report size - are you converting to a screen px width?

=====

Reply by Mike Kerner on July 15, 2008 at 3:28pm

Another question on this front - when I go into Page Setup, I get a Print dialog, not a Page Setup Dialog, which then puts a Print button on the dialog. Is this intentional?

Also, when I tried to use the "Page Setup" button, selected the printer, then changed the printer to Landscape, the page size didn't change in QR, i.e. it didn't swap the height and width.

=====

Reply by Jan Schenkel on July 15, 2008 at 10:53pm

Thanks for the report - it turned out to be a change in Revolution 2.9 that I didn't foresee when building QR 1.1.x - fixed for version 1.1.2

Jan Schenkel
--
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
www.quartam.com
===== The above post was imported from the old forum hosted at quartam.ning.com =====